5 stages of grief
- Denial- “No, it can’t be true!”
- Anger- “It’s not fair!”
- Bargaining- “If God will help me through this, I promise I will go to church every Sunday and volunteer my time to help others.”
- Depression- At this stage, the individual becomes disengaged from all association with the lost entity
- Acceptance- Brings a feeling of peace after the loss
- The resolution of the grief response is thought to occur when an individual can look back on the relationship with the lost entity and accept both pleasure and disappointments of the association.