Contacting our Billing Department
For Personal Injury Medical Records & Billing Requests
For Patient Billing and Insurance Companies
Frontline ER is a freestanding emergency facility licensed by the State of Texas.
To best provide for our patients, we make the billing process simple.
- As an Emergency Room, we bill as an emergency visit. We are not an urgent care.
- While we are not in-network with your insurance, do honor and accept the in-network rate from your insurer.
- As an emergency room, you do not need pre-authorization in an emergency. The state of Texas empowers patients to use a standard called the prudent layperson standard when determining what constitutes as an emergency.
- You will receive an Explanation of Benefits from your Insurer within 30 days. This is not a bill from Frontline ER. We will receive a copy and your bill will be adjusted accordingly.
- Texas Senate Bill 425 and House Bill 3276 have established guidelines set by the State of Texas stating that all freestanding ERs are required to post the notice below the facility and website.
Frontline ER is a freestanding emergency medical care facility; • The facility charges rates comparable to a hospital emergency room, and may charge a facility fee; • A facility or a physician providing medical care at the facility may not be a participating provider in the patient’s health benefit plan provider network; • A physician providing medical care at the facility may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to a patient; and. •This facility is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network. However, by state law, your health insurance company is required to process your ER visit at in-network benefit levels
Frontline ER is committed to Advocate, Appeal and Adjust any bill possible in accordance with the State of Texas Guidelines.