10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Pediatric Emergencies
Our children are precious to us and the last thing we want is to see them get injured or become ill. However, due to a number of factors such as the fact that infants don’t have a fully developed immune system and as such as are susceptible to illnesses as well as the fact that children who can walk are usually too curious for their own good and are likely to suffer injuries, it means that sooner or later our children are likely to fall foul of their health at one point or the other. When the situation in terms of injuries and illnesses is severe and is limb and life-threatening or it concerns an infant below the age of 3 months, then this is what constitutes a pediatric emergency. In such instances, the only course of action is taking your child to an emergency room to be attended to. There are of course a number of reasons to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies and this article will look to highlight 10 of these reasons.
- One of the main reasons to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is because emergency rooms usually give children the highest priority. While they strive to see everyone as soon as they step through the front door, they are cognizant of the delicate nature of children undergoing pediatric emergencies and as such will always see such children as soon as they come in to ensure they are stabilized as soon as possible. Emergency rooms will also look to discharge them as soon as possible so that you can go back home with your child as soon as possible.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is due to the fact that emergency rooms, as is the case over at the excellent frontlineer.com, strive to be as child-friendly as possible. Emergency rooms try to ensure that your child is as comfortable as possible and help ensure that your child is as calm as can be. There are even rooms dedicated for children as most emergency rooms recognize that adult examination rooms may be too frightening to children.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is because emergency rooms have got staff and physicians that are highly trained to handle children. Staff and physicians there have undergone extensive training on how to handle children of all age groups from neonates to toddlers and so on. Whatever aspect of pediatric care you can name, staff in emergency rooms have it covered.
- In emergency rooms the staff and physicians recognize that the same diagnostic procedures that work for adults won’t necessary work for children and therefore they have in place child-friendly testing and diagnostic procedures; yet another reason to use them for pediatric emergencies, something that comes out clearly when you head over to the excellent frontlineer.com. These child-friendly procedures help calm and reassure your child making it possible to do the necessary tests.
- Emergency rooms also have access to pediatric specialists which is yet another reason to use them for pediatric emergencies. They partner with lots of specialists that means that if your child is in need of specialist treatment or any follow-up treatment, then an emergency room will provide you access to any of these specialists you may need. Emergency rooms also work in partnership with local pediatric hospitals and as such can arrange for transfers when needed.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is due to the fact that there they offer quick treatment. This means that whatever situation your child is in, the staff and physicians in an emergency room will ensure they receive treatment as soon as possible. The same applies to pain-control, with the aim being to ensure that the pain and discomfort your child is experiencing is alleviated as soon as possible; something you will see when you head over to the highly rated frontlineer.com.
- Speaking of treatment, another reason to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is due to the fact that the staff and physicians over at an emergency room clearly understand dosages as far as medication for children is concerned and understand clearly the concept of weight-based dosing as well as age-appropriate vital signs; keeping in mind that vital signs for adults and those for children are two different things.
- Emergency rooms, such as the highly rated frontlineer.com, are also open 24/7 making this yet another reason to use them for pediatric emergencies. This means that whatever time in the day a pediatric emergency strikes, you know if you go to an emergency room, you will find it open and your child will be attended to. This is not something we can say about other treatment facilities such as urgent care clinics.
- Emergency rooms also have the personnel as well as the facilities to admit children, if and when required. If your child is in a bad way, there are facilities in place to hospitalize them and keep them under close observation until they are stabilized enough to be released.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies is due to the fact that emergency rooms actually have the facilities and the expertise in terms of trained personnel to be able to attend to children with disabilities. Such children may require certain special treatment and emergency rooms are well pleased to administer just that.
The above are 10 reasons why you should use an emergency room for pediatric emergencies with the excellent frontlineer.com being one of the best out there for such services.