10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Strep Throat
Strep throat is a condition that is quite common out there, especially among children and particularly during what is referred to as strep season. It is caused by an infection, a streptococcal infection, and can be quite severe and is one of the main reasons why children miss school. It requires to be treated as soon as possible otherwise it can get quite serious. In cases of strep throat, there are a number of treatment options available, with the emergency room being reserved for the severe cases. There are a number of reasons why you should consider heading over to an emergency room for strep throat and this article will look to highlight 10 of these reason.
- One of the reasons to use an emergency room for strep throat is because there you will find physicians and staff with the expertise and experience to make sense of the symptoms and hence make a quick diagnosis. The physicians will examine closely your throat and will also make use of tools such as tongue depressors to get a close look and be able to check for signs of strep throat such as tiny red dots at the back of the roof of your mouth.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is due to the fact that emergency rooms have got all the requisite diagnostic facilities that may be needed to get to the bottom of your condition. This, as is covered in detail over at frontlineer.com, includes facilities to perform throat cultures as well as rapid strep antigen tests. It is important to note that throat cultures take a while to produce results but are more accurate while the antigen test may produce many false negative results hence isn’t as accurate even though it produces results within minutes. Emergency rooms have facilities to do both diagnostic tests.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is due to the fact that you will find the facilities to help you with breathing if you are presenting with breathing problems because of your strep throat. Emergency rooms have got the personnel and the facilities to be able to assess and secure a patient’s airways if they are having problems breathing.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is so that you can access the facilities for hydration if necessary. As is discussed over at the excellent frontlineer.com, some cases of strep throat may be severe enough tom prevent folks from taking in water orally and as such by gong to the emergency room, you will access rehydration facilities especially through IV fluids.
- In an emergency room you will find the facilities and the expertise to make an accurate diagnosis of strep throat and GAS. Over and above the above 2 tests mentioned above, there is actually a step by step algorithm that is used in emergency room and that ensures that an accurate diagnosis is reached so as to ensure effective treatment. This is something that may not be in place in the other treatment facilities.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is because there you will find the expertise and facilities to provide the necessary treatment. Antibiotics such as penicillin, Amoxicillin among others are all available for treatment as far as your condition is concerned. As is the case over at then excellent frontlineer.com, in an emergency room you will find the expertise to prescribe you the right dosage in relation to your condition and its severity.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is because here you will find the facilities and expertise to make diagnosis of any complications. Strep throat can cause a number of complications such as rheumatic fever, inflammation in the joints, rash among others and an emergency room provides the best hope to be able to both diagnose and treat such complications.
- Emergency rooms also have got both the personnel and facilities to handle children making them the best place to take your child if they have strep throat. This is why the highly rated frontlineer.com is so, well, highly rated.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is due to the fact that they remain open 24/7, which is not always the case for other treatment facilities which may not be open all the time. Going to the emergency room is a sure thing as rarely will you find them closed which is why you should use them for such.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for strep throat is due to the fact you will have access to specialists. While cases of strep throat rarely require treatment by specialists, there are those ones that may require to be seen by infectious disease specialists, especially in unusual presentation of the illness.
The above are ten reasons why you should use an emergency room for strep throat, always keeping in mind that frontlineer.com is one of the best ones out there to use.