10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Sports Injury Treatment
Over the last couple of years, as fitness has increasingly gone mainstream and gained popularity, the number of people participating in sports has steadily increased. Consequently, the number of sports related injuries have also gone up as well. It should be noted that sports injuries aren’t only those injuries that are sustained when participating in sports but also those sustained during exercise. Just like any medical condition, sports injuries vary in severity and as such while there are those that can be handled at home with home remedies such as the R.I.C.E technique as well as with over-the-counter pain medications; and there are those that may require one to seek immediate medical emergency. In such situations, it may be advisable to use an emergency room during such situations, with there being a number of reasons why this is so. To help back this up, this article will look to highlight 10 reasons why you should use an emergency room for sports injury treatment.
- One of the reasons to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is because emergency rooms have got expertise in terms of highly experienced and knowledgeable staff to make a quick assessment as far as your injuries are concerned. In an emergency room, the staff will move quickly to ensure that you are assessed and stabilized as soon as possible when you step through the front doors, keeping in mind that sports injuries can be quite serious and even limb and life-threatening.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is due to the fact that in there you will receive rapid and timely treatment as far as your injury is concerned. As is explained in detail over at the excellent frontlineer.com, emergency rooms usually prioritize serious injuries, which is the case for most sports injuries and as such by heading over there you will be assured of getting treatment as soon as possible.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is because in an emergency room you will have access to the full-range of modern diagnostic equipment, that will definitely come in handy in establishing the severity of your injury and if there are any internal injuries. In an emergency room you will find all sorts of diagnostic equipment from imaging equipment such as CT scans, digital x-rays, ultrasounds among others as well as labs for blood work and facilities for radiology; something that we can’t say for say an urgent care facility.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is because there you will have access to the facilities as well as the personnel to help with pain management, as is the case over at the highly rated frontlineer.com. Those who have suffered from sports injuries will tell you that these injuries can be quite painful, especially when dealing with fractures. In an emergency room, you will have access to any pain meds you may need as well as the personnel to prescribe the right dosages to help you manage pain.
- The fact that emergency rooms have got staff that are Highly-trained to deal with sports injuries as well as having the experience to do so is yet another reason to use them for such situations. The staff and physicians over at an emergency room are well versed in sports medicine and as such are well placed to assist you as far as your sports injury is concerned.
- Another reason to make use of an emergency room for sports injury treatment is due to the fact that emergency rooms have got facilities and personnel to perform surgery when needed, as is the case over at frontlineer.com. Some sports injuries may require surgery to fix, such as complete tears of ligaments, sports injuries where there is damage to nerves, complex fractures that may require metal plates and screws to fix among other situations.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is because emergency rooms have access to specialists if and when you need them. From sports medicine specialists to orthopedic specialists and many others, heading over to an emergency room will ensure that you gain access to any specialist treatment if your situation requires it.
- Emergency rooms also have the facilities and personnel to handle children, as is the case over at frontlineer.com, making this another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment. It is no exaggeration that most cases of sports injuries are seen in children, especially those playing school sports. Emergency rooms have got the capabilities both in facilities and trained personnel to deal with children from diagnosis and testing to treatment hence why you should use them.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is because there you will find facilities and personnel to enable admission and inpatient services. Therefore, if one has suffered a severe injury and needs to be admitted, it is not an issue for an emergency room which has the facilities for just that.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for sports injury treatment is due to the fact that they have the facilities and personnel to administer IV fluids. This is important as dehydration is a big issue when it comes to sports and exercising and as such the IV fluids that are given in an emergency room may come in handy as far as hydration is concerned.
As usual, if you have suffered from a sports injury and are looking for a place to go for the best emergency medical care, then look no further than the excellent frontlineer.com.