10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Simple and Complex Lacerations
Lacerations, or simply put, cuts, can happen at any time and are actually quite common with majority of us having suffered one at one point or the other. You may suffer a cut when in the kitchen chopping up onions or any other food item with a knife, you may suffer a cut when at work, or from a bit among many other scenarios; bottom line is, cuts can occur at any time and to anyone. Lacerations also vary in severity and can either be simple or they can be complex and severe. It is therefore important to know when you need to go to the urgent care clinic or to the emergency room. There are a number of reasons why an emergency room is more appealing, and why you should use it for simple and complex lacerations. These article will look to highlight 10 of these reasons and we hope it will be of great help to you.
- One of the reasons that you should always ensure you use emergency rooms for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact that in there you will find the specialized care you require. The physicians and specialists that you find in the emergency room, such as those over at the excellent frontlineer.com, are the best around and they will have the expertise and experience to deal with your laceration in such a way that will allow your wound to heal better, quicker and without complications.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact that the physicians and staff there have the tools and expertise to carry out cleansing and debridement, which is an important initial stage as it sets you up well for treatment and healing of your cut wound and also prevents complications.
- You should also consider using an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations due to the fact that there you will find all the necessary imaging diagnostic equipment and facilities such as x-rays, CT scans among others. These will allow the physician and staff to be able check if you have any damage as far as your internal organs, nerves and other important body structures.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact that the staff and physicians have the expertise and tools to close the wound adequately. This may be through using sutures, glue or staples depending on where the wound is or its size. The staff and physicians have the expertise and knowledge to choose which of these you require to close the wound which is crucial as per the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact that the physicians and staff have the requisite expertise and knowledge when it comes to infection control. One of the reasons to go to an emergency room for lacerations is if there are signs of infection and this is due to the fact that in there they have all the tools in place to diagnose and treat infections, which can be potentially life-threatening if not attended to.
- The fact that emergency rooms have the expertise in terms of staff, physicians and tools when it comes to bleeding control is yet another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations. If your cut is bleeding and you can’t stem the bleeding, then you should head over to an emergency room to have that controlled, as per the subject matter experts over at frontlineer.com.
- Emergency rooms also have the equipment, tools and expertise in terms of specialists for when you need anesthesia and analgesia. This may be needed for treatment if say the physician needs to numb an area in order to administer treatment.
- Sometimes, especially in cases of complex lacerations, surgery may be required for treatment. This is especially in cases with damaged blood vessels or nerves which require surgery to be fixed. This is another reason to use an emergency room for lacerations as not only are there equipment to diagnose as mentioned above, there are facilities to perform surgery to fix such situations, as per the gurus over at frontlineer.com.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact they have the facilities to administer a tetanus boost if one is behind after an animal bite or after a cut with a rusty object. Emergency rooms should always be the place to go after an animal bite, both domestic and rabid as well as cuts with rusty objects as they have the facilities to administer any necessary shots such as those for tetanus.
- Other than controlling bleeding, another reason to use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations is due to the fact they have tools and facilities to perform blood infusions. Sometimes, it may be the case after controlling the bleeding you have lost a lot of blood that you are in danger of becoming anemic and as such blood transfusions are required. This is why an emergency room is important when it comes to lacerations.
The above are 10 reasons why you should use an emergency room for simple and complex lacerations, with frontlineer.com being the best place around to visit.