10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Laboratory Services
There is no denying that the laboratory is a crucial cog in the wheel that is the emergency room as it plays an important role when it comes to the diagnosis of medical conditions and illnesses, either ruling them out or in. As we all know, most medical conditions come with certain physical symptoms which we can use to give as aa clue as to what condition we may be suffering. These signs and symptoms however may not always be enough to make an accurate diagnosis, even with the help of the internet. This is because for the most part they can’t tell us the severity of the condition one is suffering from and also due to the fact that there are many conditions out there which may share the same sort of symptoms. In such situations, laboratory service come in handy, with the best ones to use being those over at an emergency room. This article will look to make their case further by highlighting 10 reasons to use an emergency room for laboratory services.
- One of the reasons to use an emergency room for laboratory service is due to the fact that emergency rooms have the personnel and facilities to carry out blood testing and do blood work. A blood test is one of the most crucial diagnostic tests as it can reveal a lot of information about a person helping massively with diagnosis. Emergency rooms have labs that are able to carry out and analyze blood very forensically and there enabling for the diagnosis of one’s health condition.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for laboratory services is because they have labs that are able to carry out cultures, as is the case over at the excellent frontlineer.com. This enables physicians to diagnose infections in any tissue of the body or body fluid both accurately and in a timely manner. Such diagnostic tests enable physicians to find out if there is an infection present as well as pinpointing the cause and may not be available in the other facilities such as urgent care clinics.
- The fact that the lab in an emergency room allows for a wide array of diagnostic testing to be done is yet another reason to use them for laboratory services. These tests allow for the ruling in or out of various health conditions as well as helping screen for certain conditions in folks that are at a high risk of developing those conditions. Emergency rooms have the capabilities to carry out lots of diagnostic tests including genetic testing, cancer tests, lung and breathing tests, tests for allergies and many others.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for laboratory services is due to the fact that they do have labs that are able to carry out cardiac enzyme analyses, as is the case over at frontlineer.com, a test that may not be available at another facility such as an urgent care clinic. This test is the one that is done to check if a patient is currently experiencing a heart attack or has had one recently as well as checking the functioning of the heart of someone who has recently had bypass surgery or angioplasty.
- Emergency room labs also have the capabilities to carry out many other tests, over and above the ones discussed above. This is one of the key reasons to use an emergency room for laboratory services since no matter what test you may need to be done, an emergency room will have you covered. These include tests such as tests for influenza, strep, STIs, kidney function tests and many others.
- Another thing worth mentioning as far as reasons to use an emergency room for laboratory services is the fact that emergency rooms, such as frontlineer.com, have labs that are operated by highly skilled staff and technicians. The technicians are not only highly experienced and skilled, they are also certified and as such have got all it takes to do all manner of tests not only accurately but promptly as well.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for laboratory services is due to the fact that they remain open all day and night, all week long; 24/7 as it were. This means that there is no day or time you can ever go to an emergency room and don’t get attended to. You can access lab services at any time and get results so that you can start receiving treatment as soon as possible.
- Emergency rooms also have access to specialists and analysts that help in making sense of the lab results, as is the case over at the highly rated frontlineer.com. Getting the tests done is but the beginning, as you also need to have them analyzed and interpreted. The specialists and analysts that are found in emergency room help with all this and gives them an edge over facilities such as urgent care clinics.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for laboratory services is due to the fact they have the latest technologies and as such ensure results are as accurate as possible and also aid in rapid assessment that make it possible for someone to receive treatment as soon as possible.
- Yet another reason to use an emergency room for laboratory services is due to the fact that they have facilities to admit patients when required as well as partnerships with hospitals that allow them to refer patients after initial assessment.
The above are 10 reasons to use an emergency room for laboratory services with the highly rated frontlineer.com being one of the best ones out there.