10 Reasons to Use an Emergency Room for Emergency Medical Care
No matter how well we take care of ourselves, we are bound to fall foul of our health every now and again from injuries to illnesses. In most cases, illnesses and injuries are minor and are usually handled at home with home remedies as well as through the use of over-the-counter medications. There are certain instances however where you require immediate medical attention. Such emergencies, which are either potentially limb or life-threatening, can only be handled in an emergency room. When one is in the cusp of a medical emergency, it may be difficult to know where to head to for emergency medical care, mostly due to the panic that sets in during such instances. This is where this article comes in as it will look to highlight 10 reasons why you should use an emergency room for emergency medical care.
- One of the reasons to use an emergency room for emergency medical care is due to the fact that in there you will find a full range of the latest diagnostic machinery and equipment. From imaging equipment such as MRIs, digital x-rays, CT scans, ultrasounds among others to well stocked labs that allow for blood work and other tissue cultures among many other diagnostic techniques. Whatever your condition, the staff at an emergency clinic will get to the bottom of it.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for emergency medical care is due to the fact that they are open 24/7, 365 days a year, as is the case for the highly rated frontlineer.com. Unlike other treatment facilities such as urgent care clinics which close late at night or your physician’s office which may not be operational during after-hours or holidays, emergency rooms are ever in service and as such you are assured of service no matter the time.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for emergency medical care is because an emergency room has got all treatment modes and techniques that may be required. Whether your condition requires IV antibiotics, or even surgery, going to an emergency room assures you of getting your condition treated.
- Other than the hardware, emergency rooms also have the software in highly skilled physicians and staff as well as streamlined processes and protocols, as is evidenced over at the highly rated frontlineer.com. The staff and physicians have got all the requisite knowledge and experience to be able to handle any medical condition, even the most severe one while their streamlined processes make treatment there highly efficient.
- Emergency rooms also have access to all sorts of specialists making this yet another reason to use them for emergency medical care. from heart specialists, neurosurgeons, urologists, specialists in anesthesia and many others, emergency rooms are well equipped to deal with any complications that may arise and may require to be attended to by specialists.
- While emergency rooms are notorious for their long waiting hours, when it comes to emergency medical conditions, there is actually little to no waiting times. This is because, as is covered in detail over at frontlineer.com, emergency medical conditions are given priority in emergency rooms and as such one will be attended to as soon as possible.
- Another reason to use an emergency room for emergency medical care is because there you will find the personnel and facilities to admit and hospitalize patients when required. In cases of extremely severe conditions, the physicians may require to keep a patient admitted so as to monitor and keep a close eye on them. Such facilities are not available in other treatment facilities such as urgent care clinics.
- Emergency rooms also work in cooperation and partnership with local hospitals which is the basis of yet another reason to use them for emergency medical care. This is because, as is covered in detail over at frontlineer.com, it allows them to arrange and make transfers for follow-up care if it is required after a patient has received treatment and has been stabilized.
- Other than referrals to local hospitals, the fact that emergency rooms also offer referrals to other specialized health facilities is another reason to use them for emergency medical care. These facilities include mental health facilities for those brought in with suicidal or homicidal thoughts, poison centers among many others.
- Another very key reason to use emergency rooms for emergency medical care is due to the fact that they have both the personnel and facilities to handle all sorts of patients, including special group patients such as newborns and infants, pregnant women, those with physical disabilities among others. This is not always the case for other treatment facilities such as urgent care clinics.
The above are 10 reasons why you should always look to use an emergency room, such as the highly rated frontlineer.com, when it comes to emergency medical care.