Texas Senate Bill 425
Senate Bill 425, passed by the Texas Legislature during the 84th Regular Session, requires all FECs to post notice of the following:
- This is a Freestanding Emergency Medical Care Facility
- This facility charges rates comparable to a hospital Emergency Room and may charge a facility fee
- This facility or physician providing medical care at this facility may not be a participating provider in your Health Benefit Plan provider network
- A physician providing medical care at this facility may bill separately from the facility for the medical care provided to you
Texas House Bill 3276
- The facility is not a participating provider in any health benefit plan provider network. However, by state law your health insurance company is required to process your ER visit at in network benefit levels.