FRONTLINE ER is growing and always on the lookout for quality, experienced personnel. FRONTLINE ER employees are a very happy family and are well compensated with benefits. We may need people in our other locations as well.
Patient Access Representative Job Description
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 or more years of registration experience in emergency department, hospital, or physician office.
- 2 or more years of insurance verification.
- Must have knowledge & experience in PPO, POS, HMO and other 3rd party payors.
- Knowledge of Transfer Memorandum
- Familiarity with basic medical terminology
- Pleasant demeanor and exceptional customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience with full Microsoft Office suite.
- Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal, with preferred Spanish or 2nd language
- Verify and enter all patient information including insurance and billing at time of check in.
- Maintain daily patient logs for all patients entering the Emergency Department
- Answer telephone calls, emails, and other inquiries of the department.
- Maintain the Patient Access and Reception area as required and be proactive in keeping the area clean and inviting.
- Collect and document all copays and balances at time of treatment
- Document all incidents in patient access and report them to the Facility Administrator, Office Manager, or Patient Access Director.
- Assess and restock all patient access supplies as needed and report any shortages or needs to Facility Administrator or Patient Access Director.
- Follow all procedures in the Front Line employee handbook
- Must be able to multitask and handle emergent and emotional conditions in a positive manner.