FRONTLINE ER is growing and always on the lookout for quality, experienced personnel. FRONTLINE ER employees are a very happy family and are well compensated with benefits. We may need people in our other locations as well.
Emergency Medicine Nurse
Emergency Medicine Nurse Job Description
- Current state of Texas license as a Registered Nurse with no sanctions or restrictions.
- 2 years of experience as an emergency medicine nurse or comparable experience.
- Certifications: ACLS, BLS, PALS must be current.
- Experience in working with EMR systems & ability to learn new software programs as needed.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal, with preferred Spanish or second language.
- Must follow the regulations of the Nurse Practice Act.
- Use knowledge and skills of emergency medicine to thoroughly evaluate patients and identify and anticipate nursing patient care needs.
- Ensure that appropriate nursing care is provided to all patients in a compassionate, thorough and competent manner.
- Use Biohazard containers properly, empty and replace Sharps containers.
- Effectively evaluate and document the patient outcome(s) to treatment and care as well as modify treatment plan as needed.
- Must complete legible, accurate, and complete documentation of records in Emergency Department
- Respect and Support patient rights.
- Promote a positive work environment for colleagues, patients, and patient family relations.
- Use patient feedback, research, and reviews to enhance patient care and improve Emergency Department procedures and guidelines
- Practice effective cost control for patients and Emergency Department
- Adhere to all HIPPA guidelines and note in patient charts
- Assess medical supply inventory during every shift and report shortages and restock items when needed.
- Report and document any incident to the physician on duty, medical director, or nurse manager.