Emergency Medical Technician
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) performs various patient care activities in the pre-hospital setting, in accordance with all rules and regulations set forth by the state Emergency Medical Services Commission. This is a night time off hours position.
- Minimum Education High school diploma or equivalent. EMT Certification required.
- Minimum Work Experience Minimum 12 months Emergency Medical Technician experience.
- Required Skills Must possess the ability to communicate with and effectively treat patients of all ages.
- Ability to administer first aid/emergency care.
- Ability to speak effectively and convey information to supervisors, peers, and customers.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use judgment and perform critical thinking.
- Basic typing and personal computer skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic, customer service-oriented personality.
- Must pass a physical examination and physical agility test. Physical demands include lifting, climbing, pushing, reading, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
- OSHA Category I tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissue.
- Physically capable of performing BLS EMT services with reasonable accommodation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures, medical knowledge, techniques, and information needed to treat injuries.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of the organization.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting, documentation, and prevention.
- Maintains standards for a clean and quiet patient environment to maintain a positive patient care experience.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice. Has to be willing to be cross-trained in different areas of the facility.
- Adheres to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Maintains compliance with organization’s policies, as well as established practices, protocols, and procedures of the position, department, and applicable professional standards.
- Complies with organizational and regulatory policies for handling confidential patient information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service through his/her attitude and actions, consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission, and Values of the organization.
- Adheres to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and TJC standards and/or standards from other accrediting bodies.
- Operates the EMS communication center and records all information obtained.
- Performs duties in compliance with all state EMS rules and regulations.
- Performs CPR in compliance with either AHA or ARC standards.
- Performs ALS duties in compliance with all state EMS rules and regulations and under the direction of the departmental medical director.
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance check and cleans both inside and outside of assigned unit on a daily basis.
- Actively participates in safe delivery of patient care and maintains a safe environment for all patients.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by HIPPA guidelines.
- Performs clerical duties within the department.
- Demonstrates flexibility as patient care needs change.
- Works in cooperation with co-workers and supervisory staff. Ability to flex schedule to meet the department needs to include longer scheduled shifts and may include night, weekend and holiday coverage.